Journey Lane’s mission is to provide our users a safe, secure, and private environment where they can plan, organize, remember and share their most meaningful and memory-worthy moments. Our users value their time and only want to share their experiences and memories with those that matter most to them. We recognize that modern social media has diluted the richness of personal experience by driving the constant need for feedback, so we created a private and functionally-rich “Experience Media” environment for users who believe as we do.
We collect information from or about you depending on the Services you choose to use.
- Information you provide. We collect the information you provide when you use our Services, including information when you sign up, share, message or communicate. This can include information about the content you provide, such as location or date. We also collect information about the types of content you view or the frequency and length of your activities. Journey Lane is an enclosed environment. We do not share content externally with other social media sites such as Facebook or Instagram. Should you want to share your information in those environments, please leverage their technology directly. Our aim is to provide an alternative environment, one that is less “open and connected” and more “personal and meaningful.”
- Information others provide. We collect information that other people provide when they use our Services, such as information about you when they share a photo of you, send a message to you, or access your contact information.
- Device Information. We collect information about devices where you install or access our Services, depending on the permissions you’ve established. We may use the information we collect from your devices to help us provide consistent Services across your devices. Some examples of the information we collect is information about the operating systems, hardware, settings and software pertaining to your devices; the location of your devices and the connection information of your devices.
- Information from third-party partners. We receive information about you and your activities on and off Journey Lane from third-party partners. This may include information from a partner when we jointly offer services or from an advertiser about your experiences or interactions with them.
Use of Collected Information
We believe that the best experiences we have as humans are the ones we don’t share with the world, only those that we have shared the experience with and those that really matter to us. We only use the information we have to help us provide and support our Services. Here’s how:
- Develop, Offer and Improve Services. We deliver our Services, personalize content, and make suggestions for you by taking the information we have and using it to understand your individual and unique preferences. We also use the information we have to provide recommendations, and to personalize reviews. A generic review doesn’t tell you much. A review that tells you how much you would like something is worth far more. We can use geographic location information to adapt our Services to you, and to others. We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new products or features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
- Connect with you. We use your information to send you marketing communications, update you on Journey Lane technology advancements, connect with you about our Services, make you aware of our policies and to respond to you when you contact us.
- Advertisements. We use the information we have to improve our advertising schemes to show you relevant ads and measure the effectiveness of such ads; but at the end of the day, if you enjoy Journey Lane’s services and you don’t want to see ads, you can turn them off by upgrading to the premium version.
- Safety and Security. We use the information we have to keep track and confirm accounts and activity, and to promote safety and security on and off of our Services. We can investigate suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies. We take safety and security seriously, and work hard to ensure your account is always protected.
Sharing of Collected Information
We allow you to connect and share with others by sharing your information in the following ways:
- People you share and communicate with. When you share and communicate using our Services, you choose the audience who can see what you share. For example, when you add your Connections to your activities, events, and journeys or share albums with your Connections on Journey Lane, you select the audience to share the content with and to facilitate collaboration with. When you use Channels, you also choose the people you share and communicate with.
Public information is any information you share with a Journey Lane audience, as well as information in your Profile that you have set to “share.” Public information is not available to anyone off our Services and can’t be seen or accessed through any other media including online search engines, APIs, and offline media. It is possible that people you share and communicate with may download or re-share this content with others on our Services. Reviews that Users create are viewable by all Journey Lane Users, regardless of whether they are a Connection or not.
- People may see content others share about you. Other people may use our Services to share content about you with others. For example, people may share a photo of you, or share information about you that you shared with them.
- New owner. If the ownership or control of all or part of our Services or assets change, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Storage of Collected Information
- All media content (photographs, videos, etc.) is compressed when uploaded into Journey Lane, and as a result should not be used as a primary storage device. Journey Lane recommends you store your original media in an environment separate and apart from Journey Lane.
We work with third party companies to help provide and run our Services. Advertising companies also make it possible for us to provide free services to people around the world.
Here are the types of third parties we can share your information with:
- Advertising Services. To allow our advertising to be personal to you, we use the information we have about you to show you relevant ads. Unless we have your permission, we will not share anything that personally identifies you, such as name or email. We may provide our partners with information about the effectiveness of their advertising without providing information that personally identifies you. For example, we may tell an advertiser what its ads accomplished, or how many people viewed their ads or installed an app after seeing an ad, or provide non-personally identifying demographic information.
- Vendors, service providers and other partners. We transfer information to vendors, service providers, and other partners who help our business through services such as technical infrastructure services, analyzing how our Services are used, measuring the effectiveness of ads and services, customer service, facilitating payments, or conducting academic research and surveys. These partners must adhere to strict confidentiality obligations consistent with this Data Policy and the agreements we enter into with them.
Managing your Collected Information
You can manage information you share with Journey Lane on every screen where content is stored. Our goal is to make the management of your data as simple as possible. You can also easily delete your entire user profile in Settings. When you delete your profile, all of your content is permanently deleted.
We store data only as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others.
Information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted, or until we no longer need the data to provide products and services.
If we receive a legal request, such as a search warrant or court order, we may access, preserve and share your information if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. It is our policy to disclose only the necessary information in connection with a civil or criminal investigation with user consent where gaining such consent is possible. We may also receive such legal requests from other jurisdictions outside of Canada where we may have to share such information under the same guidelines as inside of Canada. If we have a good faith belief it is necessary to detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm, we may also have to release the minimal information from our users. For example, we may provide information to third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud and abuse on and off of our Services. Note that information about you, including financial data, that is required to be released as a result of such legal request may be accessed and retained for an extended period of time.
Journey Lane may also retain information from accounts disabled for violations of our terms for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other violations of our terms.
Changes to this Policy
Before we make any changes we will notify you and allow you time to review and comment before continuing with our Services.
If you have any questions you can reach us:
Sojoorn Media Inc.